Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hearing a Heartbeat

Today was my first prenatal check-up for our 3 month mark of the pregnancy. It is hard to believe that 12 weeks has already passed us and we are heading into the 2nd trimester! I am hoping that the rest will slip by as quickly and comfortably! :) It really does help with having to chase after my busy little 2 year old to pass the time by.

For the first time today Jaren and I were able to hear the heartbeat of our newest family member. Jaren was quite excited and kept looking under the sheets and the bed in the clinic in order to try to find the baby that Dr. Malherbe had found in my belly! I just wander what goes through his little mind as he is trying to grasp the concept of a new baby and where that little person must actually be! The whole process of life is such a miracle!
Our due date for the arrival our baby is around April 10th - I am looking forward to seeing and meeting this precious child for the first time! How exciting a day that will be!


Photos courtesy of a website I found - these are not our baby!!!!



4 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Okay, Angie...so, who's gonna have their baby first? You or me? :) I know Steven and Kevin are making bets on that one already, even though I am due 8 days after you. It's too close to call, right? With our luck, the guys will be calling each other from the hospital on the same day to tell each other the good news of the arrival of their new child! I'm really excited for you, and I really mean that because I can empathize with your excitement. Can't wait to go baby shopping with you and skip out on the farm show in November! Ha, ha!

Scott said...

Picked a name yet? Check out http://www.babynamemap.com/ to see what baby names are popular and where

Looks like "Ethan" is on a North America-wide roll.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie, Kevin & Jaren.

I tried to call you the other day but I didn't get an answer. I just wanted to say hello and Happy Thanksgiving. It looks like all is going well there. We are so happy for all of you. We think of you often and can not wait to see you again. Tell Kevin that the fishing has been pretty good, Rob has been out alot and caught 2 or 3 Spring and probably 12 Coho this year. With dad trying to retire (ha, ha) rain or sun they are going out alot. Give Jaren a big hug and kiss from Auntie and Uncle and we will talk to you soon.
Love Rob and Chrys.

Gloria Pierson said...

How very exciting to heat the heartbeat! The miracle of life is just so amazing! God is good!