I got a call this afternoon from a guy claiming he was a tech for Microsoft and that my Windows Internal Security System had expired. He wanted me to go a website and allow them to have remote access to my computer to help locate these internal problems. I played really dumb as I was quickly and frantically trying to figure out what this was all about. I finally convinced him that I was not comfortable doing this over the phone and computer and I would take it into my local computer place to get it looked into. I believe they get people all scared about their computers being infected and then you "buy" some upgrade for Windows and they then have your credit card number!! SO WHATEVER YOU DO - DON'T FALL FOR THIS PHONE SCAM!!!
Here's a link for more information:
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2010/12/08/ammy-com-scam.htm
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment