Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mountain Climbing in the Bald Praires?

On Saturday the family headed about 1/2 hour east from where we live to go for a little walk in the mud butes. Out of completely flat land suddenly appears this cavity in the earth which we like to occasionally go to and walk around. This is the first time that we have ever gone since Jaren has been born. It was a beautiful day and one enjoyed by all. Here are some of the pictures that I took from the little adventure. Hope you enjoy.

Heading down to the base of the mud butes

Once at the bottom there is so much to explore

But what goes down must at some time go back up!!

To our surprise Jaren made it up the whole way by himself!

Even Keesha got to join in on the family fun

Just about to the top!!
Kevin, Curtis and their cousin David (from Texas)



3 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Looks like a great family time. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend with the Letniak clan. You don't appear to be showing too too much, though your cheeks look a little more pronounced! How cute! : ) I hope I'm allowed to say that because I'm not one to talk with only one pair of my "normal" jeans fitting me at the moment. Have fun!

Scott said...

Boy do those pics take me back! The new generation takes up the call to climb all over those mud hills.

The Sénéchals said...

It's been so long since I've been there! I agree with Scott...what a trip down memory lane. I can't wait to take my family there!