Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Men!

Landen is now 6 days old and definitely fitting very well into the family. Things have been going REALLY good so I am just waiting for something to happen to make it a little more difficult. I was expecting the adjustment to be like when we brought Jaren home from the hospital but I think our BIGGEST adjustment has been rocking Jaren's little world. He loves his little brother so much and wants him to play so desperately with him. He has a hard time understanding how little he is and how he'll have to wait and be patient & gentle with Landen. Soon enough I am sure the story will change when Landen really does want to play with Jaren and then he'll wish he was still small!!

We have had a busy couple of days with daily trips to the hospital to keep a close eye on Landen's bilirubin. Because of how small he is we don't want him to have high levels and develop severe jaundice. So my poor little guys heal had to be poked every day and by the third day he didn't even cry! What a trooper. Thankfully each day the levels have dropped and we are doing quite well. He seems to have a bit more time each day with his eyes open and he is feeding really vigorously when he's hungry. So a trip to Hanna tomorrow to get some groceries and then I am hoping that I don't have to leave my house next week at all!! I just want to stay at home for a change!!!!!

Brotherly bonding

Resting after a hard day's work

Bright eyed and bushy tailed - only happens maybe once or twice in the day!

Wanting to hold baby brother sooooo badly - we'll get better!

So many new things to see!

1 comment:

Gloria Pierson said...

Precious pictures - I especially like the one of all three "men" sleeping!!! Glad things are improving daily for Landen - he was a little one! It won't be long until you will forget that you ever thought he was small!! Blessings to you all! XOXOX