Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One Bad Storm!

I haven't posted for awhile since July has seemed to be one busy month but I had to post these pictures of an awful storm that hit us last night because there are some people waiting to see the effects of what it did. I will soon catch up with the month and fill you in on our activities...but back to the storm!

The clouds were swirling in every direction in the sky around us....

This on in particular was very strange and had a scarey look about it! It hung around the yard for awhile and then it decided to follow me as I went to my in-laws before the skies opened up!



I love this picture!


This picture is taken looking back towards the direction of our place.

I had to go to my in-laws and thought that I would make it back home before the storm set in. Little did I know how fierce the wind/rain/hail would be which made me turn around 3 miles from our house and try to get back to my in-laws and wait out the weather there!

The blackened sky within minutes looking back at our house direction.

This cloud followed me ALL the way to my in-laws who live 5 miles from us. I was traveling about 95 km/hr and it kept up with me!

After the rain settled a bit, this is what I arrived to as I approached our driveway! :(

Water was running EVERYWHERE!

3 comments:

C & K Whitmore said...

Wow Angie, that's some storm clouds. Great pictures. Some of those clouds look scary.

Linda said...

WOW, great pictures. That was some storm. Thanks for sharing them, and taking them.

Don Sparks said...

That is some pretty nasty looking storm clouds!!! I guess it pays to look up once in a while!!