Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bunnies, Bunnies & More Bunnies!

Much to my surprise on Thursday when I went to go feed and water our 2 bunnies I happened to notice a nest of hair in the corner of the pen......... and low and behold there were 4 fully haired baby bunnies!! (At least as far as I could tell! Hopefully there's not any more!) At the beginning of January we picked up a friend to keep Floppy company and unfortunately our new bunny Pepper was already pregnant when we brought her home! So about 2 weeks ago these little bunnies were born and have survived the cold all cozied down in the straw and rabbit's nest. Now we definitely can be sure of the sex of Pepper and I am still hoping that Floppy is also a female! I guess only time will tell.....if we get another batch of bunnies one of the rabbits will have to go back to the original home! I am not having a bunny mill! But for the time being we are going to enjoy watching these little babies grow - they are so cute and Jaren is quite excited about the litter. He doesn't want us to find homes for them - hopefully one already has a place to go - Auntie Debbie may take it and have it as a school pet. That would be a perfect place for lots of attention. Anyone want a bunny??

We are guessing that they are at least 12-14 days old because their eyes are open.








4 comments:

The Sénéchals said...

Soooo cute! I wish our boys could have the chance to have so many cute pets!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Ooops!

Gloria Pierson said...

Ahhhhh, too cute! The boys will enjoy them - well at least for a while! Enjoy while you can!

C & K Whitmore said...

Kevin can go into raising bunnies instead of cattle!!