Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Road Trip: Part I - Salmon Arm

One of the highlights of our road trip this summer was being able to see my great Auntie Nan who will be turning 96 this fall. She is a sister to my Grandma Sparks and seeing her brought back a flood of memories (& emotions) of my grandma and how she would have been with her great grandsons. Pictured here is Auntie Nan with her son Dave (my dad's 1st cousin).
The boys and I arrived home from a 2 week summer vacation through Salmon Arm, Kelowna, Victoria, Roche Harbor and finally Seattle. I have sooo many pictures to go through so I thought I would break up our trip into parts and try and pick the best pictures from each stop. Our first stop was 2 nights in Salmon Arm, BC where we stayed with a friend I knew from back in Terrace many, many years ago. Pictured below are her 4 girls with my boys. The two youngest are pretty much the exact same age as Jaren and Landen.


Zoe, Landen, Jaren Elysse, Molly & Heidi.


Playing in the park



Landen and his new girlfriend Heidi - they are about 1 1/2 months apart

2 comments:

C & K Whitmore said...

Fun times. Looking forward to seeing more.

Trent and Randi McKeage said...

So excited to have seen the pictures!! Looks like you had the trip of a life tie! Miss you all so dearly!