Memories are rare jewels which time polishes into perfection.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Yesterday Jaren helped me haul out all the Christmas decorations to start putting them up for the season. I must say the he was a very big help and not a single ornament got broken. The only problem he had was the he seemed to like to put about 4-5 ornaments on a single branch which got to be a little much. So we had to practice "spreading" the decorations more all over the tree.
It is fun to watch their excitement more every year as they are beginning to understand more about what the holidays bring. I find though that I am having a very difficult time getting into the spirit - I don't know if it's because there is not a stitch of snow around and the weather is so warm for this time of year or what it is. I just hope that it soon passes and we'll be listening to those wonderful Christmas carols until December 26th!! :)

My two little helpers for the day!





3 comments:

C & K Whitmore said...

The kids could not wait to have our tree set up either. I love how they get excited over Christmas. Our snow is starting to go because of the warm weather and rain we have been getting. I feel like I'm on the coast during winter.

Gloria Pierson said...

Your Christmas "helpers" are adorable!!! Fun but busy time of year! We had a full house for Thanksgiving. Now the Christmas celebrations begin for a very busy and hectic few weeks until we leave to join Ken & Crystal in Bali for a few days! Exciting times ahead!

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Yea! It's Christmas! Landen's first!